Terms & Conditions
Malts.com Lagavulin Trip GB Full Terms and Conditions (the "Promotion")
• The Promotion is open to all residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over.
• Employees of the Promoter and its affiliate companies, their families and anyone deemed to be professionally involved with or connected to the Promotion are not permitted to enter the Promotion.
• Internet access, a valid email address and purchase are required for entry. To enter the Promotion, you must spend a minimum of £100 on www.malts.com (excluding delivery charges, gift cards and tour tickets) between 00:00:01 21/09/22 and 23:59:59 31/10/22. Upon checkout, provided you have met this criteria, you will be given the chance to enter the prize draw by ticking a checkbox. Entries received outside of this time will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion. Maximum of one entry per person is permitted.
• There will be one winner. The winner will be the first valid entry electronically drawn at random by an independent third party from all valid entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions. An appropriate number of reserves will be drawn at the same time as the winner.
• The winner will be notified by phone that they have won within 7 days of the draw via phone call to the mobile number on record. They will be required to confirm their full name and date of birth to claim their prize. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of the first contact, they will forfeit their prize and an alternative winner may be selected by the same process as set out above. Winners that do not fulfil the requirements set out in these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
• The winner will receive the following:
• Return flights for 2 (winner and 1 guest) from the winner’s location in Great Britain to Islay
• Accommodation for two nights on a bed and breakfast basis (1 room for 2 nights on a double or twin sharing basis)
• Transport on Islay
• All lunches and dinners
• Tour of Lagavulin distillery
• Tour of Caol Ila distillery
• Gifting (2 bottles in total)
• The prize excludes travel over Easter, Christmas, New Year and UK bank holidays. The trip must take place before November 2023.
• The winner and their companion, who must travel with the winner, must be aged 18 or over on the date of entry into the Promotion.
• If the trip, for reasons outside the control of the Promoter cannot take place on the proposed date or the proposed location an alternative date and/or location will be designated. The Promoter will have no liability or responsibility if the winner or their companion cannot attend on the revised dates or to the revised location.
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners are included. Transfers to and from the winner’s location to the departure airport/station and drinks and snacks including from the hotel minibar and any other incidentals are not included. Full details of the prize will be supplied to the winner following notification.
• The winner and their companion are each responsible for ensuring that they each have a valid passport, are eligible for any applicable visa waiver programme or are in possession of a valid visa, as appropriate, and for ensuring that they have all necessary travel and medical insurance (prior to travelling and at all times during the period of travel) and any vaccinations as required. The Promoter is not responsible for any Covid-19 related testing or restrictions required by the winner, including but not limited to any quarantine or isolation related costs. The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they adhere to all/any Covid-19 related protocol.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss and/or personal injury suffered by or to the winner and/or their companion that occurs as a result of the winner’s and/or their companions’ participation in the prize. The winner shall be responsible for any damage to the hotel or other venue (including their contents) visited by the winner and their companion throughout the trip caused by their deliberate or negligent act or omission. The taking of the trip and the various activities is subject to the winner and their companion agreeing to the contractual terms of the trip and activity providers which will be available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. • If, for reasons outside the control of the Promoter (for example due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the government), a trip cannot take place on the proposed date or the proposed location, an alternative date and/or location will be designated. The Promoter will have no liability or responsibility if the applicable winner or their companion cannot attend on the revised dates or to the revised location.
• The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if for example, the current COVID-19 outbreak leads to the trip having to be postponed, then an alternative date will be offered, if it can be fulfilled within any applicable COVID-19 rules, regulations, or government guidance.
• Subject to paragraph 17 and without prejudice to the Promoter's data protection obligations under relevant law, the Promoter shall make available, upon receipt of a written request (which includes a correctly stamped self-addressed envelope for such a response) to Malts.com Lagavulin GB (7643), PO Box 906, Chilton HP22 9HR the winner’s surname and county for a period of 3 months after the closing date of the promotion.
• Entrants to the Promotion can, at any time (including at or before the time of entry), object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with paragraph 16 by emailing consumercare.GBandIreland@diageo.com. However, the Promoter shall provide the information set out in paragraph 16 upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
• The winners may be asked to take part in publicity.
• The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate (temporarily or permanently) these terms and conditions or the Promotion with or without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so due to any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud or in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity).
• No correspondence will be entered into concerning the result and the Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final.
• The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for entries that are not received for any reason or difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion and proof of submission will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
• While nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, the Promoter will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to the Promoter or to the entrant at the time of entry to the Promotion or which are caused by a third party.
• This Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
• Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this Promotion.
Promoter: Great Britain – Diageo Great Britain Limited W1F 7HS (please do not send applications to this address).
Please drink responsibly. Visit www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practice.