The story of Clynelish
Uncover the history behind the liquid
The original Clynelish was established in 1819 by the Marquess of Stafford to create a market for the barley produced on his lands. Across the road is the Clynelish we know today, which was built in 1968 to make room for the larger, more modern neighbour. Old Clynelish lived on as Brora for a time, before closing in the early 80s.