Terms & Conditions
Caol Ila Facebook Live/Vimeo Live Giveaway Terms and Conditions (the "Promotion")
1. The Promotion is open to all residents of the Republic of Ireland and UK aged 18 or over.
2. Employees of the Promoter and its affiliate companies, their families and anyone deemed to be professionally involved with or connected to the Promotion are not permitted to enter the Promotion. 3. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase necessary. 4. To enter the Promotion, you must answer the following question correctly between 6.00pm on 25 August 2022 and 6.30pm on 25 August 2022. Entries received outside of this time will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion. Multiple entries per person are permitted. Question: What does Caol Ila translate to in English from Gaelic?
11. Entrants to the Promotion can, at any time (including at or before the time of entry), object to all or some of their personal information being made available in accordance with paragraph 11 by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the Promoter shall provide the information set out in paragraph upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
12. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity.
13. The Provider does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry.
14. Submissions entered into the Promotion must be original, created by the entrant and not copied from any other work or material.
15. By entering into the Promotion, you grant to the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format, sub-licence or exploit the competition entry including (but not limited to) the right to publish your competition entry entered into the Promotion in any media at all times without restriction or limitation. 16. By entering the Promotion, you waive the right to be credited when your competition entry is displayed and irrevocably and unconditionally waive other moral rights relating to the use of your competition entry.
17. Entries that contain images of identifiable individuals will not be accepted and will not be entered into the Promotion.
18. You promise that: (i) you have the right to grant the licence set out in paragraph 16; (ii) the competition entry entered into the Promotion is an original design created by you and has not been copied from any other work or material; and (iii) the competition entry entered into the Promotion or anything within it does not require any permission from anyone else for it to be used in the Promotion (including any permission to use the design for commercial purposes).
19. If the Promoter suspects that any competition entry submitted as an entry to the Promotion may breach any third party intellectual property rights, your competition entry will be discarded and will be disqualified at the Promoter's discretion.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or terminate (temporarily or permanently) these terms and conditions or the Promotion with or without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so due to any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud or in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity).
21. Entries that contain any offensive or inappropriate content will be deleted and disqualified at the Promoter's discretion. 22. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the result and the Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final.
23. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for entries that are not received for any reason or difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion and proof of submission will not be accepted as proof of delivery. 24. The Promotion and the Promoter's Facebook pages are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering into the Promotion, entrants release Facebook from all and any claims and liabilities which might arise in relation to the Promotion. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for communications associated with this promotion in accordance with paragraph 10 or for further communication if you have specifically opted into receive this.]
25. While nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, the Promoter will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to the Promoter or to the entrant at the time of entry to the Promotion or which are caused by a third party.
26. This Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. 27. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this Promotion.
Promoter: Diageo Scotland Limited, 11 Lochside Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH12 9HA