The History Of Benrinnes
The distillery is founded near Whitehouse Farm, 700ft above sea level on the northern shoulder of its mountain namesake.
Washed away in the great flood of 1829.
The farmstead at Lower Lyne of Luthrie is adapted to serve as a distillery.
Becomes property of the Edward family who go on to own Oban.
Stillhouse and buildings damaged by fire, which leads to extensive modernisation.
Distillery saved from difficult times by John Dewar & Sons.
Closed due to barley and staffing shortages brought by the war.
The distillery is connected to the national grid and undergoes massive changes, leaving behind its generator, steam engine and waterwheel.
Rebuilt and remodelled for hopefully the last time.
The number of stills is doubled to six.
Mashing process is modernised.
Bonded warehouse built on site.