Singleton 15 Year Old Special Release 2022 Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl
As our legend goes, a bewitching enchantress once lived deep within the emerald caverns of the River Ord. Powerful and beguiling, she could make the water dance at her command. As each solstice approached, she would fix her diamond-bright gaze on the river, and weave its currents into rich, and indulgent ruby-red wine. As they flowed through The Singleton’s water source, these charmed currents imparted The Singleton with a luscious and alluring character, as spellbinding as the ritual of the ruby solstice.
Chasing the river’s edge beside The Singleton of Glen Ord, the story of singular enchantment carries weight. The only remaining Single Malt distillery on the Black Isle, this whisky’s magic lies in its decadently layered flavours. Masterly slow crafting has long been the key; letting each stage of making from malt to maturation take its time, so that the liquid is balanced, smooth and enticing.
This rare expression mesmerizes with a sumptuous character, refined through eight years in wine casks. The glass gleams with glimpses of deep amber. Aromas of red wine, oak spice and fruits create an equal allure, while barley-sugar sweetness balanced by salt and crisp gooseberry sings with a rich, velvety voice. Ultra-smooth throughout, the palate seduces with a final peppery note, like a bewitching kiss of silken spice.
- A lively expression of The Singleton of Glen Ord; smooth and sweet, with elegant winey notes intermingled with luscious red fruits, it is also spicy-dry, with a gingery heat.
- Luscious red berries kissed with spell-binding spice. Secondary maturation in wine casks.
- A mesmerising malt, in which beguiling, subtle winefruit notes entwine seductively with the layered, smooth, and rich distillery character.
- Best served neat, pour 60ml of Singleton 15YO in a whisky glass and enjoy.
- Singleton 15YO is a unique gift that stands out within the Special Releases collection, and is perfect for get-togethers with friends or family.
Deep, lustrous amber.
Dry overall, the gentle nose gives a vinous first impression, backed by spicy, woody notes of oak shavings and beech. Alluring aromas of tart red berry fruit and creamy vanilla spread among them, and a hint of wax appears in the development. A little water softens the nose and relaxes the aroma, without great alteration.
An ultra-smooth, mouth-filling texture prefaces a lively, intense taste; barley-sugar sweet, with a pinch of salt. That sweetness becomes pleasantly tart, with suggestions of gooseberry and crisp grape. At reduced strength, it is not as tart, but still spicy; the sweetness is highlighted yet the appetising spicy heat remains.
Lengthy and palate-drying, as pepper-heat lingers in a last kiss of silken spice. With water sweeter, now with a trace of fondant in the aftertaste.